Here is a helpful list of questions to ask that will help you move forward with confidence.
1. How many years have you been in business, and how many homes have you built in the last year?
2. Is your company licensed to build in this area?
3. What types of insurance do you have (general liability, workers comp, etc.) and what are the limits of each?
4. How will I be protected against subcontractor liens on my home?
5. Can you supply references of your five most recent home buyers and Realtors?
6. What sets you apart from other builders in the area?
7. What is a realistic timeframe to build a home of this size?
8. How many other projects do you have now and how do you manage crews across all the homes to finish them on time?
9. Will our contract provide a completion date and penalties if the home isn’t finished on schedule?
10. Will I have a dedicated project manager?
11. If something happens to the primary person building my house, who will complete the build?
12. What energy-saving features do your homes offer?
13. Do you build only from your floor plans or can I supply my own?
14. How and when can I make changes or upgrades before and during construction?
15. Will our construction agreement include a complete list of detailed specifications and allowances?
16. Which permits and fees will be required to build this home and are they included in your price?
17. How and when will the final price for my home be determined?
18. How often and when will I have access to the home during construction?
19. What’s your process for quality inspection during construction and at final walk- through, and to address any changes that are identified?
20. Will you allow us to check for defects before we release the final payment?
21. What type of warranty do you offer?
22. How will you handle our deposit if we decide to cancel the contract before construction starts?
Consumer Protection & Privacy
© 2022 All rights reserved
Created with Placester
Sign in with your email address
Enter your email address